In this presentation, you will explain corrections. Please include the following in your presentation: a short summary of corrections. Please include the following items in your response. a) Corrections: This….
write a legal policy memorandum to the chief of police proposing a strategy to minimize the negative impact a controversial issue may have on the criminal justice system.
A Criminal Quartet: The Supreme Court’s Resolution of Four Critical Issues in the Criminal Justice System. This resource examines four recent U.S. Supreme Court rulings related to controversial issues in the criminal justice arena. Next, identify an evidence-based strategy in dealing with this issue. You are free to use the issues presented in Frequently Asked Questions: Evidence-Based Practices in Criminal Justice Settings, but you may also select your own. Also review the Problem-Solving Strategies and Sample document. In your memorandum, identify the controversial criminological issue you selected and describe how it may negatively affect public perception of the criminal justice system. Use the Memorandum Template to complete the assignment. Address the following critical elements as they are reflected in the Sample Legal Policy Memorandum document. Prompt: Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
- Issue Presented: Summarize the issue in the form of a brief one-sentence
- Short Answer: Provide a short answer which summarizes the conclusion of the
- Statement of Facts: Describe how the issue may negatively affect public perception of the criminal justice
- Discussion: Provide a brief discussion of the issue, including the recent history of the issue and any legal precedents related to
- Conclusion: Provide a conclusion based on the details of the issue outlined in the Discussion
- Based on your reading, propose at least one evidence-based practice to minimize the negative impact this issue may have on public perception of the criminal justice
- Describe what possible successful outcomes might result from addressing this issue by analyzing it with evidence-based