Photochemical reactor modeling: a case-study problem. Although radiation is important in heat transfer, an analogous model can be used in the design of photochemical reactors. The modeling of these reactors….
Why do you think your choice is the best one for implementing a site-wide IMS?
Most school districts and institutions of learning have implemented instructional management systems (IMSs) that collect data to assess performance, analyze patterns, provide state and federal reports, and impact greater student achievement. Some of the more popular commercial products can be explored on the following Web sites. Research several of the following companies, and choose the company that you believe has the best product for implementing a site-wide IMS:
- Web Site 1
- Web Site 2
- Web Site 3
- Web Site 4
- Web Site 5
- Web Site 6
- Web Site 8
Discuss the following:
- Why do you think your choice is the best one for implementing a site-wide IMS?
- What criteria did you use to decide? Why?
- Choose 1 of the options you considered, and discuss your reasons for rejecting it.
- Evaluate and comment on criteria and selections by other students.
School districts and institutions of learning have been bringing together various software applications and hardware solutions to provide site-wide assessments. At one time, school district technicians found it difficult to mix different assessment programs because of compatibility issues. Leaders in educational technology have developed a standard with which IMS-related vendors now comply so that school districts can implement a site-wide assessment system and combine several hardware and software solutions. The stand is called Schools Interoperability Framework (SIF).
Complete the following:
- Research SIF, and briefly explain how it works.
- What do you think the advantages and disadvantages of this system might be?
- Provide specific examples, and discuss the opinions of others in your class.