Photochemical reactor modeling: a case-study problem. Although radiation is important in heat transfer, an analogous model can be used in the design of photochemical reactors. The modeling of these reactors….
What is a normal distribution? Is your alcoholic beverage survey normally distributed?
From reading the websites assigned in SQT2, answer the following questions in two to three sentences each:
- What is a normal distribution? Is your alcoholic beverage survey normally distributed?
- What does the standard deviation of normally distributed data tell you about the sample data?
- What is the likelihood of randomly selecting a data item from normally distributed data within (plus or minus) one standard deviation? Two standard deviations? Three standard deviations?
- What is the likelihood of randomly selecting a data item between two and three standard deviations above the mean?
- Describe an example of how measures of central tendency and dispersion might be used in managing organizations
Your objectives in posting, commenting, and questioning are to be sure you understand the calculation, use, and interpretation of the basic descriptive statistics covered, especially with regard to the normal curve.
Deadlines for submission:
- Post your initial response (250-300 words) no later than Thursday 11:59 p.m. ET