Instructions Write a paper on a current event article (not more than one-month-old article) from a reputable news source such as The New York Times or The Washington Post, that discusses restrictions on freedoms by a totalitarian….
The words ‘good governance’ have been tossed around in health care circles over the last decade as if it were a panacea to mean that everything is fine.
Additional Information: Note: where it states discuss please give reasons for and against while referencing scholarly articles (3-4 references per page minimum).
Some of the Reading from course
- Dowton (2011). Governance in Healthcare – Linkages, Boundaries and the Problems between Corporate and Clinical Governance – dowton.com/journal/2011/06/governance-in-healthcare-
- Health Care Governance – publish.csiro.au/AH/pdf/AH080010
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) – Defining the concept, recognizing its value – ashrm.org/pubs/files/white_papers/ERMmonograph.pdf
- Value Driven ERM – http://www.ashrm.org/resources/patient- safety-portal/pdfs/Monograph_ERM2010.pdf
- Victorian clinical governance policy framework: Enhancing clinical care’ – https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/getfile?sc_itemid=%7bCE50B0A8- D13F-48AE-A427- 307920E39C19%7d&title=Victorian%20clinical%20governance%2 0policy%20framework
- Chapter 11 in Sorensen and Iedema (2008) -‘Managing risks to patient safety in clinical units’