M/s. ABC Ltd. is a medium – sized engineering company production a large-range of product lines according to customer requirements. It has earned a good reputation as a quick and….
The assessment aspect of this report is designed to give you a chance to apply these ideas to brands of your choice.
Deliverables Divide your document into these sections. REPORT: minimum 1,700 WORDS THE PROBLEM – WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS BRAND?
- What seems to be the purpose of this brand? Does it have a mission or a set of ideals? What is it for?
- Why does it need re-branding? What are the threats or problems it is facing? What challenges need to be overcome?
- What are the current market trends and who are each brand’s competitors? How are these brands currently positioned relative to each other and to the consumer?
- Who are the brand’s current and potential target audiences?
- In light of the above, what are the opportunities for the brand? What can it achieve?
- What is the rationale for your proposed rebranding? What academic and business literature on branding has led you to your conclusions?
- What are your recommendations for rebranding? What brand architecture do you recommend? What brand values do you recommend? What kind of positioning and for what audience?
- A shortlist of branding consultancies that you recommend the brand should work with. Nominate your final choice and explain why.
- A brief that can be handed to that consultancy. You will be shown how to prepare a brief; it can be a visual device that fits on one page.
- Timings – give a timeline showing how the rebranding process will roll out. We will repeatedly refer to the branding process during the lecture series and it is in your core textbook.
- Costs – indicate how much you expect the rebranding to cost. Specify how you intend to measure return on investment.
- A concept board is a visual tool that looks like a poster. It represents your ideas in images rather than words. You will be shown how to prepare a concept board during the module. Include this item as an appendix to your written report and plan; make sure it is part of the same file.