The human eye can be vulnerable to fungal infections simply by being exposed to the environment. The human eye can also be vulnerable to infect internally. Using the Internet, research….
I want you to use the framework we have given you to critically analyse the management of the post-impact phase of your selected event and the hypothetical recurrence of that event today and report on those things that
Task were done well and those things that could have been improved. If we learn from history we will be better able to manage similar events in the future. The framework below is a suggested layout for this assignment with marking weightings included. A copy of the assignment marking sheet that will be used for this assignment is attached at the end of this assignment guide. Although you have studied a number of areas of emergency management pertinent to the impact and post-impact phase of emergency/ disaster operations management in your studies, in this assignment we only require you to critically analyse two of the post-impact areas (Part A) and two of the Hypothetical areas (Part B). Introduction (10%) Aim Objectives Authority Scope Relevant history Part A – Post Impact Phase Analysis (30%) Critically analyse two (2) of the following PLUS the Conclusions and Recommendations:
- Search and rescue – 10%
- Triage and casualty care – 10%
- Critical incident stress management – 10%
- Disaster victim identification and coronial inquiry – 10%
- Community services – 10%
- Recovery and restoration – 10%
- Conclusions and recommendations – 10%
- would Warning systems – How it function now compared to then? – 10%
- Legislation and regulation – How effective is the legislation and regulations now compared to then? – 10%
- People – What people would be affected today compared with when the event originally occurred? What would the effects be on people? – 10%
- Infrastructure – What would be the damage and effect on infrastructure today compared to when the event originally occurred? – 10%
- Buildings – What are the expected effects on buildings etc. today compared with when the event occurred? – 10%
- Emergency services – What emergency services would be involved today? What would their roles and functions be today? What are their capabilities today compared with then? – 10%
- Cost – What is the estimated cost of the event should it occur today compared with when it originally occurred? – 10%
- Conclusions and recommendations. – 10%
- Part A – investigate the post-impact phase of your selected event and identify strengths and weaknesses in the way the post-impact phase was managed.
- Part B – examine a hypothetical recurrence of your selected event today, identifying strengths and weaknesses in the way it might be managed today.
- Part C – allows you to critically analyse and assess your own performance in the research and production of your report. By effectively analysing the problems experienced and the way those problems were managed you will be better prepared to identify and manage future research problems that may arise.