1.It is recommended to do Exercise 8.12 prior to the present one. Here we look at the same population growth model N (t) = rN(t), N(0) = N0. The time….
Hardwood Forest Pty Ltd- Discuss whether or not the $2million received by Hardwood Forest Pty Ltd for realising its property will be included in its assessable income under s6-5(1)
- Discuss whether or not the following receipts would be included in the assessable income of the recipient under s6-5(1):
- An amount of $10,000 received as a lump sum by a beneficiary as a gift under a Will of a deceased
- An amount of $2,000 a year received over a 5 year period by a beneficiary as a gift under a Will of a deceased
- A prize of $100,000 received by a contestant on the television show “Sale of the Decade” who regularly appears on such shows, but who has never previously won a
- A prize consisting of a Smart Ultra HD LED TV worth $1,000 received by a customer of a DVD hire shop business. The prize was awarded to the customer by a movie company for the customer being judged in a competition as having drawn the best poster advertising an up-coming movie
- A prize consisting of a Smart Ultra HD LED TV worth $1,000 received by the sole proprietor of a DVD hire shop business. The prize was awarded to the
- A prize consisting of the benefit of a non-transferable and non-cash redeemable holiday to the Gold Coast awarded to a self-employed abalone fisherman who sells abalone to a seafood company. The prize benefit was awarded on the fisherman meeting an allotted target sales quota for abalone sold by him to the seafood
- Compensation payments of $1,000 a week paid under the Return to Work Act 2014 (SA) that are received by an injured employee who has suffered a work injury that results in incapacity for
- A lump sum compensation payment of $5,000 received under a home contents insurance policy to compensate for household goods that were destroyed in a fire.
- A lump sum compensation payment received by a distribution company under a contract that cancels an agency agreement 5 years before its expiration date, resulting in the company relinquishing a substantial part of its business income. The company has never previously had an agency agreement cancelled.