1. Explain with a suitable example, the synthesis of nanostructured materials employing self-assembly, self-organisation and template-based methods. 2. Discuss in detail how the mechanical and magnetic properties of nanomaterials vary….
Determine the peak discharge due to deep percolation and upstream slope.
For the parallel pipe drains of Problem 17.5, the length of drain is 7230 ft. The surface gradient is 0.5%. The water table is generally parallel to the ground surface. Determine the peak discharge due to deep percolation and upstream slope. Also design the drain. n = 0.011.
For an agricultural drainage system, design the drains (determine the drain spacing) for the following conditions:
1. Depth from surface to impervious layer = 30 ft
2. Depth of drains from surface = 8 ft
3. Root zone or water-table requirement = 4 ft below the surface
4. Uniform hydraulic conductivity = 10 ft/day
5. Water application is as follows:
6. Each irrigation application, as well as spring snowmelt, contributed to a deep percolation of 1 in. (Adapted from the Bureau of Reclamation, 1984.)