Complete independent research and review two (2) to three (3) online end-user license agreements. Compare and contrast each EULA with each other. In your response, please consider the following: ·….
Describe the reasons why web-based applications are vulnerable.
The use of security information event management (SIEM) software detected that a malware attack originated from an international source. As the cybersecurity analyst of NCU-FSB with critical infrastructure and mission-sensitive information, you have determined that the external hackers have the motivation to cause business disruption. The virus penetrated the enterprise’s IT infrastructure, infecting servers, desktops, and laptops; destroying information; and spreading ransomware. The payload of the virus deleted mission-critical files and changed file extensions for all database files. The attacks have crippled the organization’s ability to make timely business decisions. Further investigation of logs using a security information event management application revealed that there have been significant internal attacks including sniffing, MAC spoofing, WEP/WPA cracking, AP spoofing, and DoS of the company resources due to the weak wireless infrastructure. These attacks have weakened the security posture of the organization.
Write a paper in which you address the malware attack. Your paper should cover the following:
- Describe the reasons why web-based applications are vulnerable.
- Describe three attacks that can be levied on web servers and their applications.
- Recommend strategies that can be used to protect web servers.
- Describe the reasons why wireless networks are more vulnerable to attacks than wired networks.
- Recommend strategies and tools that can be used to mitigate wireless network attacks.
- Suggest risk responses in terms of:
- Risk avoidance
- Risk acceptance
- Risk sharing/transfer
- Risk mitigation through the application of industry best principles and practices and information security policies
- Monitor the infrastructure for security-related events.
- Securing of information assets.
Support your paper with a minimum of five recent (within the past five years) scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 4-6 pages not including titles and reference pages.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.