b Produce a web publication that introduces the visitor to the topic of education and new technologies. b Choose a particular angle, or technology- PiXL Times Table app. b Treat….
What has caused the increase in the use of digital technology and what effects has this had on personal communication, employment, and education?
Additional Requirements: The essay needs to be written in the style and format outlined by your teacher from the essay writing study guide. This includes full in-text referencing and reference list and the use of formal academic language with full sentences in logical paragraphs. Issues: In order to write this essay, you must only use the sources provided for you. You are not allowed to use other sources. NOTE: Plagiarism will be severely punished. References will be called where plagiarism is suspected and you may be asked to attend an interview to explain the meaning of un-cited / un-referenced ideas. If you are unsure about what to reference you should ask your teacher or watch the videos in the Referencing Style Guide. Sources:
- Mark Eggleton. 12, 2016. Digital economy can be the key to greater prosperity but challenges remain. http://www.afr.com/news/special-reports/digital-economy-can-be-the-key-to-greater-prosperity-but-challenges-remain-20161209-gt7hen#ixzz4SfPlyTEW
- Eric Fredericksen. Feb. 4, 2015. Is online education good or bad? And is this really the right question? http://theconversation.com/is-online-education-good-or-bad-and-is-this-really-the-right-question-35949
- Felim McGrath. April 7, 2015. Top 10 Reasons for Using Social Media. https://www.globalwebindex.net/blog/top-10-reasons-for-using-social-media
- Australian Communications and Media Authority. Feb. 05, 2016. Aussie teens and kids online. http://www.acma.gov.au/theACMA/engage-blogs/engage-blogs/Research-snapshots/Aussie-teens-and-kids-online
- Ciarán Mc Mahon. Sept. 2015. Volume 28, pp. 724 – 729. Why do we ‘like’ social media? https://thepsychologist.bps.org.uk/volume-28/september-2015/why-do-we-social-media
- Louis-Philippe Beland and Richard Murphy. CEP Discussion Paper No 1350, May 2015. Ill Communication: Technology, Distraction & Student Performance. http://cep.lse.ac.uk/pubs/download/dp1350.pdf
- Politics with Michelle Grattan The Conversation’s politics podcast.
- Andrew McAfee. Feb, 2013. What will future jobs look like? https://www.ted.com/talks/andrew_mcafee_what_will_future_jobs_look_like
- Aaron Smith. Jan, 12, 2017. Record shares of Americans now own smartphones, have home broadband
- Felicity Sheppard May 27, 2014. A brief history of the internet over the past 20 years and the role of the World Wide Web