Can you provide further explanation of how we address cultural equivalence in measurement? Can we simply translate a cognitive ability test and hope it measures the same construct? Would a measure of the Big Five or Emotional Intelligence mean the same thing for different cultures? How do we conduct studies to measure equivalence?
Category Archives: Psychology
Family Resilience to Promote Positive Childhood
For the purposes of this week’s Assignment, please apply the concepts learned in assessing the biological, social, and emotional principles that affect families over their lifetime. In addition, please consider the roles that biological, social, and emotional factors play in the development of family resilience.
For this Assignment, please respond to the following:
Discuss the biological, social, and emotional issues that can impact family homeostasis in both a positive and negative manner. Select one issue from above that impacts family homeostasis in a negative manner and identify or develop two interventions that could be used to assist the family in this area. Discuss briefly how you would evaluate the effectiveness of each intervention. Provide a brief (one-paragraph) summary of the Applied Biosocial….
Answer the following questions, “When prophecy fails” reading, briefly address the following questions.
-What do you think cognitive dissonance theory would say about why people join cults (focus on rationalization)
-What kinds of interventions could keep people from joining cults. (
For this week’s assignment, you will create a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint® presentation in which you will evaluate clinical, ethical, and legal issues based on the case scenarios provided. This type of presentation would be used to present your case to your treatment team for a particular client.
To complete this assignment, use TAP 21, the APA Code of Ethics, and the NAADAC Codes of Ethics for Addiction Counselors, along with HIPAA regulations. Choose one of the following case studies:
Consider the following in your presentation:
· What are the clinical concerns in the case?
· What are the ethical responsibilities of the addiction professional in the case?
· What are potential ethical and legal issues the professional may face when treating clients with risks of dangerous behavior?
Write a paper of 1,250-1,500 words that presents your complete personal model of leadership. Be sure to incorporate the instructor’s feedback from the draft of Part 1. The two parts involved in creating your personal model of leadership are as follows:
1. Select values from the “Rokeach Values Survey” that will provide the foundation of your model and discuss the leadership behaviors that will result from those values. Be sure to select values for all four of the levels: individual, interpersonal, organizational, and societal.
2. How could your personal values and personal model of servant leadership influence individual and group behavior?
3. How could your personal values and personal model of servant leadership positively influence organizations and society?
4. How do servant leadership principles in accordance with the Christian….