1.It is recommended to do Exercise 8.12 prior to the present one. Here we look at the same population growth model N (t) = rN(t), N(0) = N0. The time….
analyze a media article about policing
List of Allowed Articles
- The Trials of Alice Goffman:
- Poor taste or Too Politically Correct? The Halloween Costume Debate: http://globalnews.ca/news/3033732/poor-taste-or-too-politically-correct-the-halloween-costume-debate/
- Chicagoans See Fed Role In Fighting Crime Wave — But Not On Streets: http://www.npr.org/2017/01/25/511655839/chicagoans-see-fed-role-in-fighting-crime-wave-but-not-on-streets
- ‘Fire his ass’: Protesters demand firing of Newfoundland police officer acquitted of on-duty rape: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/protesters-demand-firing-of-newfoundland-police-officer-acquitted-of-sexual-assault
- Surveillance and Predictive Policing: Welcome to the ‘Safety State’ of Tomorrow: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/05/10/surveillance-and-predictive-policing-welcome-to-the-safety-state-of-tomorrow.html
- End to Police ‘High Five Fridays’ at Schools Roils a Massachusetts Town: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/21/us/police-students-high-fives-northampton-massachusetts.html?rref=collection%2Ftimestopic%2FPolice&action=click&contentCollection=timestopics®ion=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=10&pgtype=collection&_r=0
- Policing Behavior in eSports and ‘League of Legends’: http://www.popmatters.com/post/policing-behavior-in-esports-and-league-of-legends
- Ottawa Police Officer Charged with Manslaughter in Man’s 2016 Death http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/abdirahman-abdi-ottawa-police-siu-findings-1.4008142
- Race Data Key to Ending Racial Profiling Among Canadian Police http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/siavash-v/racial-profiling-canadian-police_b_15049702.html
- A Major Victory for the Right to Record Police: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/07/a-major-victory-for-the-right-to-record-police/533031/
- Which model or type of policing does this article represent? Why is it important to see the phenomenon/issue presented in this article as this kind of policing?
- How does inequality (of race, space, or other dimensions) impact the kind of policing that is going on here? Why is this important to consider?
- If not an obvious act of policing, what makes this issue a form of policing? Why is it important to consider it as policing?