Recall 3 year-old Manny, at the beginning of the chapter, who has & a seizure disorder. He receives his care in a mobile van sent to his community by the….
analysis of the relative performance for each of their product lines.
Part A (7 marks)
You are working as an accountant in a local accounting firm. You have been approached by Luke and Leia, the owners of Skylark, a retailer of home entertainment. They have chosen Xero as their cloud-based accounting system and have employed you to set up their company in Xero and enter the first month’s transactions. You are required to enter a range of transactions and generate the reports requested by your client to assist with the startup of their business. All information has been supplied by the business owners for you to input. The setup and transactional data are available in Interact under Assessment Resources, Assessment Item 2.
Process your clients’ transactions for July 2020. Generate and submit the following reports to your client for the month of July 2020;
- Profit and Loss
- Balance Sheet
- Trial Balance
- Aged Payables (detail)
- Aged Receivables (detail)
- Inventory Item Summary.
Part B (3 marks)
Due to their concerns over the high rate of obsolescence of Skylark’s inventory, Luke and Leia have requested you provide an inventory report for the month of July discussing the performance of their product lines.
Provide a one (1) page recommendation to Luke and Leia which can be incorporated with the July 2020 reports for Skylark. Your recommendation should include the following:
1.An analysis of the relative performance for each of their product lines.
2.At least 2 recommendations relating to their product lines.
The marks assigned for both parts of this assessment include the correctness of information and the presentation of your reports. Your report needs to look professional, as though it could be provided to a client.
back to top
Part A and B must be submitted as a singlereport to your client and include the following items, presented in this sequence;
- a cover page to your client;
- a table of contents linked to the headings in your report;
- a one (1) page recommendation addressing Part B of the Assignment; and
- the reports generated in Part A and Part B of the Assignment.
The report to your client needs to be professionally presented, at a level appropriate to send to a paying client. This includes:
- The reports generated from Xero need to be presented in a consistent manner and easy to read.
- Headings and subheadings must be used for your recommendations and each of the Xero reports you have generated.
- Use of a standard font, such as Times New Roman, Calibri or Arial font, with a font size 11 or more.
- Suitable margins for your recommendation, being a minimum of 2cm from all sides (left, right, top and bottom).
Your report can be prepared using the template provided to you in Interact.
Note: a cover page to your client is not an assignment cover sheet. It is professionally presented cover page for your report, addressed at your desired audience, being your client.
back to top
APA must be used to reference all the sources you have used for your assignment.